Friday, September 16, 2011

T-rex in a tutu!








Elise's first day of preschool was Monday, and she wanted to wear the t-rex in a tutu shirt that I made her :) I wish I had a better, close up picture of it, but this will have to do! All I had to do was:

1) print out a clip art of a t-rex and adjust the size to fit the t-shirt
2) iron some double sided wonder under to my fabric about the size of the t-rex
3) cut out the dinosaur
4) put some fray check all around the edge of the t-rex (since I couldn't do a zig zag stitch on such small details)
5) iron it onto the t-shirt
6) sew around the edge of the t-rex
7) gather a strip of tulle on the machine and
8) hand sew it on!
 
It's easier than it sounds ;)  I've made so many fun things this summer, but haven't been able to share them because we've been SO busy.  Plus  I'm still having a hard time uploading pics without having to cancel every second upload and restart the modem.  I can't figure out what the problem is, I've tried everything.  I need to call our service provider and see if it's an issue on their end.  Maybe tomorrow :P  I'm exhausted from being up all night with a very sick 4 year old, and the night before with a very sick 1.5 year old.  One week into the school year and we have strep throat already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...